The law requires that everyone who uses a vehicle on the road must keep it in a roadworthy condition at all times.
When to book my car for an MOT?
The first test is required once a car is 3 years old. After that, it will need an MOT every 12 months.
Why choose a Renault dealer to book my MOT?
All of our testers are UK Vehicle Inspectorate trained and we will only be using Renault approved parts to carry out any necessary repair work. Also, all our work will be guaranteed for a year.
On the day, our Renault experts will inspect the following:
- Bodywork, doors and mirrors
- Lights and horn
- Steering and suspension
- Tyres and wheels
- Windscreen, wipers and washer bottle
- Exhaust fuel and emissions
- Seats and seatbelts
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Registration plate
Class 7 MOT
What is covered in a class 7 MOT?
- Fuel System, No leaks Fuel cap fastens and seals securely (make sure the key is available)
- Exhaust Emissions, Dependent on age and fuel type, each vehicle needs to meet specific emission requirements
- Exhaust System, Secure, Complete, No serious leaks, Effective Silencers
- Seat Belts, Type, Condition, Operation, Security
- Seats, Front seats must be secure, Can front and rear seat backs be secured in the upright position, Open, Close, Latch securely
- Mirrors, Presence, Condition, Security
- Brakes Tyres, Wheels, Registration plates, Lights, Bonnet, Wipers, Washers, Windscreen, Horn, Steering, Suspension, Vehicle Identification Number
MOT Retest Policy
You only need a partial retest if you leave the vehicle at the test centre for repair and it’s retested within 10 working days. There’s no fee for this.
You only need a partial retest if you take the vehicle from the test centre for repairs and take it back within 10 working days. You can be charged a partial retest fee for this.
You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.
If your MOT has run out you can take your vehicle to:
- have the failed defects fixed
- a pre-arranged MOT test appointment
In both cases, your vehicle still needs to meet the minimum standards of roadworthiness at all times or you can be fined.
In all other cases, you’ll need to get a full retest and pay the full MOT test fee again
MOT prices start from £45